Wastewater treatment of livestock and poultry slaughterhouse| Investigating the treatment method of slaughterhouse wastewater
Wastewater treatment of livestock and poultry slaughterhouses is considered one of the most important types of processes in this field due to the high pollution load. Slaughterhouse wastewater is classified as one of the most polluting types of industrial wastewater, because the disposal of slaughterhouse wastewater into rivers and underground waters increases their oxygen demand and causes environmental pollution. It is for this reason that slaughterhouse wastewater requires It has significant purification before disposal in the environment. In this article, we examine the method of wastewater treatment in the slaughterhouse.
The main sources of waste water production are livestock and poultry slaughterhouses:
- Livestock entry platforms.
- Access from the locations of the slaughterhouse halls.
- Imagined chicken pre-coolers.
- Pollution segmentation and sorting unit.
- Obtain from line rendering.
The main source of wastewater pollution in the slaughterhouse is the washing of the following items, which increases the pollution load:
- Excreta of Baharband sector and entry platforms for livestock and poultry at the beginning of the slaughter line
- Primary blood obtained from cutting the heads of animals and chickens
- Wastes and residues of stomach content of livestock and poultry
- Wool, fluff and animal hair and chicken feathers
- Solid and liquid materials resulting from washing the rendering unit and cooking waste.
Quality characteristics of slaughterhouse wastewater:
In the process of livestock and chicken slaughterhouses, various organic pollutants, which are mainly fat and protein, are released. In general, slaughterhouse wastewater has a high COD and is rich in nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus. In the following table, the quality characteristics of the slaughterhouse wastewater are roughly stated:
|characteristic||Characteristics of the complex wastewater|
|Total suspended solids (TSS)||3500-10000|
|Fat and grease (FOG)||50-100|
Slaughterhouse wastewater treatment strategy:
Wastewater treatment of livestock and poultry slaughterhouses faces problems such as high construction and maintenance costs and operational problems due to the high volume of pollution, but if water resources are managed in the process and the pollution load is controlled and reduced from the source, such problems will not occur There will be no loss of capital in any way. For example, in chicken and poultry slaughterhouses, it is extremely necessary to comply with the following two points in order to minimize project implementation costs on the part of the employer during the operation of the slaughterhouse:
- Non-entering of the blood collected in the chicken reprimand tub into the sewage system
- Use of suitable separators to collect the maximum amount of feathers and waste in the slaughter and rendering line
Slaughterhouse wastewater treatment method:
- UABR & UAFB Anaerobic Reactors
- EAAS aerobic reactor
- MBBR aerobic reactor
- settling tank
- Aerobic digester
Design and implementation of slaughterhouse wastewater treatment system
With more than 20 years of successful experience in providing engineering services related to the design, consultation and implementation of wastewater treatment systems, along with the full guarantee of obtaining environmental standards, PASENCO Company accompanies you in this important matter. If you need free expert advice, you can contact our experts through the communication methods mentioned on this page.