Industrial wastewater treatment and Classification of industrial wastewater
Industrial wastewater or industrial wastewater is water that is used during the production and manufacturing process of an industrial or commercial product, and it contains more industrial waste materials. Industrial and production units need to treat industrial wastewater due to the requirement to comply with environmental standards, the lack of usable water in the production process, the impossibility of disposing of wastewater in the environment, unpleasant odors, etc. Industrial wastewater treatment and industrial wastewater recycling is a complex process that requires sufficient expertise and experience for its implementation. In industrial wastewater treatment, it is necessary to know the type of production, because according to the type of polluting substances in the wastewater, the design methods of wastewater treatment are different.
Classification of industries based on the amount of industrial wastewater production:
- Industries without wastewater: such as home appliance manufacturing factories
- Industries with medium wastewater: Industries in which part of the production process depends on water consumption. such as textile industry wastewater
- Industries with a lot of wastewater: In these industries, the entire production process depends on water consumption, such as food production factories or pulp and paper industry wastewater.
Classification of industrial wastewater:
In the table below, wastewater pollutants from different industries are classified:
|Industrial sector||Pollutant type|
|iron and steel||BOD, COD, oil, metals, acid, phenol and cyanide|
|Leather and textile||BOD, solid particles, sulfate and chromium|
|Paper and pulp||BOD, COD, solid particles, chlorinated organic matter|
|Oil and chemical||BOD, COD, industrial oil, phenol and chromium|
|Petrochemical||BOD, COD, suspended solid particles, organic matter, heavy metals|
|Food industry||BOD, particulate solids|
|Electronic||COD, organic matter|
|mine||Suspended solid particles, metals, acid and salt|
Industrial wastewater treatment solutions
The choice of the industrial wastewater treatment method depends on the type and amount of pollutants in the wastewater, or in other words, the quality of the wastewater. Industrial wastewater treatment technologies treat wastewater pollutants before they are discharged or reused in the plant and bring them to levels required by environmental standards.
In order to determine the quality of industrial wastewater, various parameters are effective:
- Temperature of outlet sewage
- Concentration of wastewater pollutants
- Wastewater outlet flow
- The smell of sewage
After the type and amount of pollutants in the wastewater have been determined, other factors are proposed to choose the appropriate industrial wastewater treatment method, which are:
- Amount of ionic impurities in wastewater such as heavy metals
- Amount of fat in wastewater
- Characteristics of colloidal particles in wastewater
- Amount of suspended solids in wastewater (TSS)
- Qualitative parameters related to water pollution such as BOD, COD, PH
- Wastewater inlet flow to the treatment plant system
- Required quality of the outgoing wastewater for reuse of treated wastewater
Some of the processes used in industrial wastewater treatment:
- Biological treatment processes
- Evaporation and crystallization
- Ion exchange and electrocoagulation
- Mucous osmosis
- Sludge treatment and handling
- ZLD (Zero Liquid Discharge) process
Introducing the services of PASENCO company for industrial wastewater treatment:
- Designing all kinds of industrial wastewater treatment processes such as EAAS, MBBR, MBR, IFAS, HPO, NML, EGSB, UABR, UASB, UAFB, SBR, MBSBR, and many other processes approved by relevant global associations and reputable companies in the world.
- Designing all kinds of sewage collection and transmission networks
- Designing, providing architectural, executive, electrical and mechanical plans for all types of sewage treatment systems
- Consultation, modification and optimization of wastewater treatment systems and increasing the efficiency of the system
- Consulting or setting up and adapting all sewage treatment systems and operator training to obtain environmental standards
- Environmental assessment of major projects in the country according to environmental guidelines
- Holding seminars and training courses on water and industrial and sanitary wastewater treatment
- Preparation, manufacture and supply of all types of sewage equipment and chemicals for water treatment and industrial wastewater treatment systems, anti-fouling and anti-corrosion materials.
We can help you find the right solution for your industrial wastewater treatment needs. The experts of Pajoohesh Sanat-e-Ab company are ready to provide you with free expert advice through the communication methods mentioned on this page.